Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

A Knitted Project

Hi, it seems that the harder I try to get into my craft room, the less I actually get in there. There has been lots going on these last weeks and I'm hoping that with school finishing in a few weeks things will settle down some.

Of course, I'm busy with the usual
Single Mom stuff, working full time and kids activities. Add to this a new friend who lives 3 hours away who I visit every second weekend and things get even busier. Then, to top it all off the Sciatica pain that's been bugging me for almost a year finally got so bad I could barely move and a trip to the Emergency Room was in order. Sadly, I went on a busy day and the ER Dr. decided that I was just an overreacting woman with a bladder infection and he said he'd order an MRI at a later date and sent me on my way.

Two days later I still could barely move and my left leg and foot were numb. This time I was able to get into the walk-in clinic that my family doctor works at. He ordered an X-ray and the results are in and there is some degeneration of some discs. Luckily I started physio right away and I am back at work this week and functioning. In the meantime, since it is really quite painful to stand I have found a comfy spot to sit and knit.

This is the first 1/4 of a baby blanket that I am knitting for my cousin who is due any day now.

I am publishing this from my IPhone, so please accept my apologies in advance if the pictures are a little off.

1 comment:

snappy scrappy said...

Oh so pretty. Sounds like you're one busy bee. Hope all is well with you and the kiddies. Take care...Lee-Ann :)