Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Speedy Recovery


This is my second post for today, be sure to scroll down and check out my card for The Rubber Cafe!

A few days ago, I found out that the Mom of a friend of my little one's (did you get that?! LOL!) named Lauri, fell and broke her leg quite badly over the Christmas Break.  I knew right away that I wanted to make her a card to cheer her up, and to let her know that we are thinking about her. 

I started out using the sketch from KL Stampin N Scrappin Blog and the I realized that the Challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges was to use Dots.  I pulled out this great paper, and actually used the backside, which had dots.  The image, I snagged way back in the summer from Splitcoast on the Canadian Swapping Thread.  My sentiment is from Stamping Bella.  I added in a few flowers, some brads and a few Kaiser Pearls and voila...a card to brighten her day!  This one actually came together rather quickly, and I have to tell you that the sketch is so much fun to work with.  I have another card with the same sketch half finished on my table at home!  Can't wait to show you that one too!

Stamps:  Magnolia, Staming Bella
Paper:  Misc. Scrap,
Ink:  Copic Markers, Black, Yellow Marker
Accessories:  Misc. Brads, Prima Flowers, Kaiser Pearls, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities

8 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card. The yellow is so cheery.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Such a sweet image, beautiful cheery yellow, and I love the DOTS!! Great use of the sketch, too. Thanks for joining us over at KL Stampin N Scrappin DT blog

Danni said...

Love the yellow! Wonderful card!

BananaStamper said...

A nice cheery easel card! She is awfully cute! Two post in one day, you have been busy girl!
Shanna

Carla aka scrappypug said...

how cute! Love the yellow!

Kristine said...

WOW, what a CUTIE!! Love this li'l guy and your bright cheery colors are SURE to CHEER UP your recipient *Ü*

Thanks so much for playing along in our sketch challenge at KLSNS!!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.