Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Swiss Pixie Christmas Card



Is it Friday yet?  Nope, just Thursday...and Thursday is one of my busiest days of the week.  So, I was able to take some time last night and make a few cards so that I don't have to rush to make a new card every day.  I'll have a few on backup just in case things get really hectic.  And they're gonna get hectic, so you'll have to keep reading below to see why.

  So, I threw this card together in literally 15 minutes.  The image was already coloured, and now that I see it on the screen I realize that her little ornament should either be red or have some sparkle, so I'll be fixing that tonight.  The Paper is Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly and the Sentiment is AmyR Stamps.  I got this image through the Canadian Snag Group over on SCS, and it was interesting to colour.  I'm pretty sure she's on Gina K paper, and it was my first time using this paper, so the blending was slightly different than with my Neenah Paper.  Anywhoo...add this one to the every growing pile of Christmas Cards!



So, why are things going to get hectic you ask?  Well, I'm trying to write a story...which I will share with you when it is finished, and I'm very slowly plugging away at the storyboard for a novel - some of which I may share on my other blog, and in 2 weeks I'm going to visit my very bestest friend in the whole world!  She lives in London, ON and has been there for 10 years.  Goodness knows why, but I've never managed to get there to visit before and I'm so excited to be going!  So, I'll be trying to make extra cards over the next couple of weeks so that I can keep up my schedule of posting every day of the working week, plus my DT posts!  And, I've found a couple of great Scrappin' and Stampin' stores in London that she's agreed to take me to!


Stamps:  CC Designs Swiss Pixies Heidi with Ornament, Amy R Winter Sentiments
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly, CTHM Tulip
Ink:  Copic Markers, Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories:  MS Snowflake Punch, Prima Flower, Fiskars Edge Punch



6 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Danielle. What a lovely card. Great colours, fabulous papers, cute image and I just simply adore that gorgeous co-ordinated flower. Wonderful.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, 15minutes?! I feel ashamed at how long I spend on a card LOL! This is very cute. Have a great trip and good luck getting everything done as you prepare to go.

Danni said...

Great minds think alike! We both used this cutie on our cards today! Totally adorable!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! Visiting your BFF is the best! Have a great time and good luck on your story!

Crystal said...

Such a cute card, love the DP. Have a great trip with your best friend!

Alica said...

very cute - love the papers and the image - can't wait to see/read your story... ;)