Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hanna Sketch Challenge #77

Did you know that I have a great friend who has 2 kiddo's of her own (same age as my kids) and she offered to take my kids for a sleepover last week? Well, now you know! Then, to top it off, the hubby went golfing first thing in the morning, so I had 2 whole hours to myself. Here's what I accomplished (in no particular order!): 3 loads of laundry, tidy up kitchen, make a Greek Pasta Salad for Church Picnic later that day, Showered in Peace and 2 1/2 cards. I know, you're thinking, "2 1/2 cards?"

Funny story...the first card was posted yesterday and came together quickly. The second card was using a Riley so I popped onto SCS and checked out the Hanna Stamps Sketch Challenges and it came together very quickly too. All materials are CTMH except for the Image and Copics. I made this card for my SIL and her husband...they loaned us their trailer a few weeks back so that we could take the girls camping and I didn't have to sleep in a tent!
Then I hopped over to Sparkle's Blog to check out her Christmas Card Challenge, saw that it was a sketch and started crafting...then I looked at the sketch again, and actually read the post (kind of like when a man reads the instructions after the job is half done). Anywhoo, turns out it wasn't just a sketch, but there was a recipe too! So, the card I started won't work with the recipe 'cause I already glued everything down. Tonight I'm adding the sentiment to the sketch'd card and hopefully creating a new one with the recipe too. Thank goodness there is still time left! LOL!

Now I have a favor to ask...anyone live near a Dairy Queen that is giving out coupons for $7 off wristbands at the Nickelodeon Universe in Mall of America? We're hopefully travelling there at the start of August, but I'm not sure we'll pass a Dairy Queen on the way. If you've got one, post a comment and we'll get in contact.

Stamps: Hanna Stamps - Campfire Riley
Paper: CTMH Route 66, Brown Bag & Bamboo Cardstock
Ink: Copic Markers, CTMH Black
Accessories: CTMH Cranberry Buttons

2 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Super Riley card - and how appropriate -not having to sleep in a tent is definitely worthy of a nice homemade Thank You card!!
So how goes it down the street? I am enjoying ten mins of blurfing while the (frozen) pizza cooks in the oven and the boys play Wii! Hey, I cooked a "proper" meal last night... Cheers,
Shanna

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! This Riley is one of my favs. Glad you go to sleep in the trailer!