Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Some cards for your viewing pleasure...

Mom is doing well. Slowly but surely she's making progress. Her colour is getting better and she's able to walk 15 minutes at a time. I believe her when she says that there is lots that she can do, but the first time for everything is scary. Who wants to be hurting? I think she is going to see if she can go for Acupuncture later in the week to alleviate some of the tension in her shoulders and neck. During the operation they really do position you funny and then you don't really move for weeks. I can imagine it is quite tense. And, for now, I'd be scared of a massage therapist until the doctor gives the okay!

So here are the other cards that I made while Mom was in the hospital. The first is for a girlfriend of mine whose birthday is coming up. She's extremely talented and a real artist. I'm sure that if life wasn't getting in the way, she could make some real money selling her cards.

Anyway, this image is called Partygirlabella. She's part of a line of stamps from www.stampingbella.com and I just love 'em. I've taken a liking to colouring images so that they match the background paper. I think it makes the card look "sharp"



This image is Riley the Moose from www.hannastamps.com. I got him from WishRAK. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella though. As soon as I saw this paper, I knew it would make a great card for a man, but adding the golfing moose is just the icing on the cake.


Sometimes, simple is best. The sentiment is from Close to My Heart and you can't really tell, but the pink paper is shimmery Bazzil. Flowers are Bazzil and Prima and the big brad is Close to my Heart. I think the patterned paper is from a KI Memories paper pad, but don't quote me on that.


I totally love this one. I made 10 of them in 1 1/2 hours. The design came from www.sheetloadofcards.com where you can download their great newsletter and it lists all the supplies you'll need to make 10 quick card. Makes Christmas cards so much easier! Although I'm not much of a church goer, I do believe that Christmas has become too commercialized. I love this stamp set from CTMH. Simple and Easy.
And, wouldn't you know it I had a few minutes early Saturday morning, so I snuck downstairs and threw together a couple of cards....then I gave one away Sunday afternoon before I could get a picture! I'll take photo of the other one and post it soon. I think that the best thing about this Wish RAK group is that I get so many varied images that it is really awakening my creativity.

No comments: