Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taking a Break

Well, this is definitely not what I wanted my next post to be, but I dont' know any other way right now. 

Hubby & I visited the Neurosurgeon in Toronto on Monday (Apr 18) and the tumor is growing.  He is scheduled for surgery on May 10th.  Even though he'll be awake, it is day surgery, so I'll be taking him to a hotel that evening and then flying home on the 11th.  Assuming all goes well, the Surgeon told him he could go fishing on the 15th of May for Walleye opener!  Isn't it incredible the things they can do with the brain!

That being said, the stress of working a full-time job and dealing with hubby's illness and trying to give my children extra attention, something has to give.  Right now, it is my blog and really I've been letting it fall apart for a while now.  I haven't even been in my craft room since my last card was made.  That being said, I don't plan on not crafting, just taking a break from self-inflicted guilt that comes every Sunday when I know I don't have a card to post. 

I am going to take a break until the end of June 2011 at which point I will re-evaluate what I can reasonbly do in the 24 hours that I have to work with.  If I get any cards up before then, well, bonus!  If not, I won't be feeling any pressure.  I know that you all will understand. 

Thanks.

Danielle

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think you are very wise to take a step back. Your family must come first at this very difficult time and you don't need any added pressure on yourself. I hope everything goes well for your hubby and that your live return to normal really soon. I'm thinking of you.
Hugs
Linds x
ps look forward to seeing you in June if you are feeling up to it

snappy scrappy said...

I hope you and your Hubby are doing well...stress is brutal on the family...let alone the person that's sick...take it easy...I will keep your family in my prayers. lot's of love
Lee-Ann :)

Bananastamper said...

Hey girl, Was wondering how you made out - my goodness, day surgery, who knew? Wow! Can't wait to catch up. Hang in there.
Shan

Bananastamper said...

p.s. Love the new blog look, don't remember if I said that...

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh my goodness, I'll be praying and sending good thought to your family!! Take care of your hubby and your precious family...we'll be here when you get back my friend.

Hugs,
Wendy