Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween & Birthdays

I know that most people will be posting their Halloween pictures after the event, but I just couldn't resist posting this.  The Munchkin started talking in August about how she wants to be a "corpse bride" and so this is the first year that I actually thought ahead and we made the costume...most years I'm scrambling a few days before at the store trying to find something that will fit. 

Anyway, the gown and veil were both purchased at the Salvation Army...for $20 complete.  The creepy crawlys were $10 at the Dollarama (we bought a lot of them) and I had to buy new glue sticks for my hot glue gun.  I used some old makeup to complete the look...and voila...a corpse bride!

Funniest picture you ever saw...8 year old in a wedding dress with a big gaudy veil, walking on the sidewalk carrying her pink knapsack!  LOL!  I should have gotten a picture of that, but we were laughing too hard!

Oh, and I guess I should show you a card too.  I got the layout for this one from a card that Lisa Stenz posted on her blog here.  
I have a bunch of pretty scraps that I'm hoping to use up in the next few weeks to make a whole bunch of birthday cards for my stash.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, as it is the end of our busy season.  Saturday we start the day bright and early, getting the house ready for the birthday party...then we head off to diving and swimming for a few hours.  Back to the house for lunch and food prep...then Munchkin and I take off for the kid party, while the Rock Star and Dad finish up getting ready for the family party.  Munchkin and I will return for the family party...more food, cake and gifts...and then we'll all fall into bed exhausted.  But...once Halloween is done, I have nothing else major on the books until Christmas!  Woohoo!

6 comments:

Fiona said...

great photo...one for the album..lol!! great card too..love the colours!!

Fi
x

Christine said...

Wow Danielle, that costume is awesome! I'll have to keep an eye out here, but I can't imagine getting lucky enough to find a dress and veil around here for $20!

Monique said...

OMG!! I love her costume .. The little mouse in her hair... She looks fantastic ( I mean spooky)..lol..Great card to !!!

Jenn Joncas said...

She looks fabulous Dan!! Tell her we all say Happy Birthday!!!!! Have fun (:

Crystal said...

Great costume, love the spiders & the little mouse on the veil! Sounds like a fun day, enjoy it :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

LOL, love her costume!!

Beautiful card. Who makes that border punch? I love it!!