Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

i {heart} copics - Fabulous Friday June 4th

I'm sooooo behind on my posting...but I'm getting back on track this week.  I explain why below.

Today's card is for the i {heart} copics PCP group Fabulous Friday Challenge - Make a Father's Day card!  The only requirement is that you use Copic Markers somewhere on your card.  I had a lot of fun with this card.  I chose a Riley the Moose image and used a CTMH sentiment. All other supplies are from http://www.iheartpapers.com/  Have you shopped there before?  You should, Kate is super quick with shipping and she has a great selection of just about everything a papercrafter could want!

 The fun papers are from the Pink Paislee 365 degrees collecton...some great bold prints perfect for buy cards!  The sketch is from The Sweet Stop 58 and I have to tell you, they have some of the best sketches going!

I was super psyched to find that my Kioshi Buttons matched this paper perfectly, so I popped them on there too!  And, below are the Copic markers that I used on this card.


'k...here is why I have not been posting lately.  On May 20th we found out that my husband has a brain tumor.  He turned 37 last Friday.  We're sad.  Because information is so readily available on the internet, and for the most part it isn't positive information, I had to cut the internet at home a few days after we found out so that he would stop reading the horror stories.  Of course, I have been emotionally and metally drained each day, so making cards is difficult, and knowing that I have to reattach the internet each time (I'm the techie at our house) is just too daunting a task.  However, we finally have a plan of attack and so things should settle a little bit.  And, I am hoping to be able to hook up the internet again, which will help.

I didn't want to post about the tumor on my blog until we knew something and now we know.  At this point we are going to watch the tumor to see how quickly it is growing and watch for any changes in behaviour/motor ability/mental status.  The kind of tumor that he has is operable, but because it grows into the brain (and already has) it is impossible to remove it all, and it will grow back after surgery.  Surgery will not slow the growth or improve his prognosis.  Because we think he has been having seizures, his drivers licence has been suspended and he is not working.   The days are long and the nights are longer. 

However, I am a survivor...I will be made stronger by this journey.  Everything happens for a reason.  And, I stand by my favorite saying: "Everything will okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Stamps: Riley, CTMH
Paper: 
Pink Paislee 365 Degrees, CTMH Outdoor Denim, Crystal Blue, Olive
Ink: 
Copic Markers, CTMH Outdoor Denim, Memento Black
Accessories: 
Kioshi Buttons, CTMH brads

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Lindsey said...

Oh hun! Big hugs to you all, what a horrible time you've been having. I'm so sorry to hear this. You are wise to stop using the internet as a little knowledge can be a dangerous and confusing thing but thank God it has been found now. I think your philosopy is admirable, if you can be positive stay positive. You are in my thoughts and prayers
Linds xxxx
PS love the card! xxxxx

Unknown said...

This is so dad - love Riley too!

CarlaKH said...

wow.... first a great card.

second, i am keeping you and your family in my prayers...I can't really find any words other than that now... just maybe knowing we are thinking of you will bring some help.