Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

TGF Battle Week #2

Okay, I'm here asking for you to vote again.  This time the challenge was an Easel card and the team picked mine (below) as our submission this week.  So please, hop on over to The Greeting Farm Challenge and vote for my card so that we can play another week.
It's been a long time since I made a card without a sketch, but I did it!  I knew the image had to be from The Greeting Farm, and since I only have a couple of them, I created the card first and then added the image at the end (usually I build the card around the image)  It was an interesting process.   The paper is all from DCWV The Sweet Stack with Glitter.  I actually "borrowed" the flowers from BananaStamper since I didn't have any that matched just right, and the sentiment is from Whiff of Joy (last summers collection).

You might have noticed that I haven't posted since last week.  Those who know me, know that I never get sick...I'm serious, I have the immune system of a Super Hero!  However, it's year end at work, the kids are super busy with end of year skating practices and extra practices for ice show, and then my husband came home with a head cold.  I wasn't worried...I never get sick.  Well, never say never.  I woke up on March 31st feeling like I have been run over by a truck and it only got worse (especially since I worked a 12 hour day that day).  I didn't actually start feeling better until Saturday afternoon...and even then I went to bed at 9pm.  Oh my.  So, long story short I've faced the sickness and won the battle.  I feel great today and was able to get into my craft room and do a bunch of cleaning and organizing.  I'm all ready and raring to go this week! 

If you've made it this far, thanks for listening.  I hope that you have a wonderful Easter Day.

Stamps:  The Greeting Farm Sweet Ebony, Whiff of Joy Sentiment
Paper:  DCWV The Sweet Stack with Glitter, CTMH Key Lime, Hollyhock
Ink:  Copic Markers:  C1, E000, E00, E13, E15, R11, RV13, RV17, RV19, Y32, Y35, Y38 Blender Pen
Accessories:  Prima Flowers, Misc. Buttons, Misc. White Brads, SU White Ribbon,

7 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

very cute, love the colours and embelies!

Christine said...

It's adorable, Danielle! You did a fantastic job. So glad to hear you're feeling so much better!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute!

KymKreates said...

You got my vote!

CarlaKH said...

so cute! sounds like you have that same cold we had here... it was brutal and I never get colds. Lasted a full week plus hung on annyoingly for antoher week after that.

Bananastamper said...

Fantastic card! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

JayLynn said...

Great card! And congrats on making it to round three!! Take a peek at my blog, I left something for you there ;)