Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sparkles Christmas Card Challenge

This week over at Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenges, Sparkle has a sketch for us.  I am a sucker for a good sketch, and I havne't made a Christmas card in a few weeks, so I pulled out my Swiss Pixies Nora stamp and my Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade papers and got to work.
I have to admit, I had a heck of a time with this paper.  This is the fourth time that I have pulled this paper out to use it for a card...the patterns are so large I have a hard time covering up all the good glittery stuff.  However, Sparkles sketch works perfectly!  I used my EK Success Snowflake punch to punch snowflakes in both the blue and the purple and then I covered them in two different Stickles and I used the stickles on the edge of my circle and some purple stickles to accent Nora's outfit!  I'm not sure that the texture of the card translates so well to the screen, but the ribbon that runs across the card is actually tapesty edging that I purchased at my local fabric store a few months back...the colour is perfect, it makes the card feel meaty in your hands, like it has some real weight to it.  I finished this off by cutting out Nora and popping her on the card.  I stamped my greeting and voila...another Christmas Card to add to the stash!

Plus, my card qualifies for a couple of extra challenges!  At Copic Creations, where they are celebrating their 1 year blogoversary the challenge was to use a technique that had been featured over the past year.  I chose feather blending, which I'm hoping you can see on her little coat. And the Challenge over at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges was to use something new...and all my stickles were new, and it was the first time I inked up this stamp! Happy Thursday!

Stamps:  CC Designs Swiss Pixies Nora, Amy R Winter Sentiments
Paper:  Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade, CTMH Pansy Purple, Crystal Blue
Ink: 
Copic Markers B00, BG10, BG11, E000, E00, E31, E25, E29, V12, V15, V17
Accesories:  Stickles - Icicle, Diamond, Purple, Sequins

6 comments:

Bananastamper said...

LOVE this one! Fantastic bling and that cool textured "finish" looks fantastic! They are also great colors of course!
psst, my house is quiet...hey let me know if you are up for a walk sometime, I am free to do as I please. The boys are on the plane..
Shanna

andrea said...

fab card,love the image and the paper is gorgeous thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Monique said...

Great festive card!! Love all the bling and you colored he just perfect..Love the sparkle on top of her boots... TFS!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

mycardz said...

Adorable! Awesome coloring too. Thanks for joining our celebration at Copic Creations!