Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day Late - Paper Sundaes Challenge #4

My sincerest apologies to everyone for not having this up on my blog in time.  Using a Mac is not a very good excuse, but I tell you it was the most confusing thing ever!  It didn't help that my BFF is basically computer illiterate!

So, this week is a sketch challenge over at Paper Sundaes so don't forget to head on over there and check it out...there is a prize to be won this week too!  PaperWorks Co. will provide this week's random winner with a PaperWorks Co. stamp bundle (animals and sentiment set) of their choice in addition to a couple copic markers! The Paper Sundaes DT was super happy to be provided with rubber from the Freckle Love Collection for these challenges.

I used the stamp Sweets from Charlotte paired with some red, white and pink papers.  I coloured the image with my Copic Markers and then put it all together.   I made lots of layers.  Sometimes, I think that just adding another layer to a card can give it just that last little umph that it needs to be spectacular! 


I hope that you had a great weekend like I did, just relaxing and having some fun.  I think that sometimes we need to get away from our lives to get some perspective on what is really happening.  I laughed so much this weekend my cheeks hurt from smiling.   I got to wander a flea market, visit 3 great stamping stores and watched 6 movies - yes, 6 movies in 1 weekend!  I drank more pop and ate more chocolate than is reasonably sane and I read 4 novels...I know, crazy busy relaxing weekend!  But, I've come back to my life with batteries recharged, ready to do battle with the day to day tasks that have become my life.  I am ready to conquer the world!   Everyone needs a trip like this at least once a year!  I plan on making a habit of it!

Danielle

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this adorable Valentine with its sweet Sweet Shoppe!! Super cute card!!

HappyCrafter said...

Adorable card, I agree about the layers.
Good for you for taking the time and effort to recharge, it sounds great!