Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Little Dinosaur Friend

This card was hard!  No beating around the bush, I said it.  See, I have two little girls...and they wear a lot of pink.  We go to a lot of girl birthday parties and buy a lot of girl gifts.  Not much "boy" in our house.  I downloaded this Dustin Pike image early last fall, but was never sure quite what to do with it.  KL Stampin N Scrappin issued a challenge for Appreciate a Dragon Day - it's a real holiday...you can Google it!  LOL!  I immediately knew that I was going to use this image but I didn't want to make it too girly.  I coloured it with my copics and then went in search of a sketch to use.

I found the perfect sketch over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp - Challenge #19, pulled out my Basic Grey Urban Prairie Papers and went to work.  I finished it off with some Prima Flowers, Basic Grey Buttons and MFT Essential Sentiments set.  If I'd had it (or the time to make something on the computer) I think a more fitting sentiment would have been "Hello Friend", but this will do.

Finally, my card qualifies for the new Raise the Bar Challenge Blog for using something new...I've had those flowers since the summer but never cracked the package...same with the buttons...I got them from Jenny in a Secret Sister Swap back in August but failed to crack the package.

Stamps:  Dustin Pike Dragon Digital, MFT Essential Sentiments
Paper:  Basic Grey Urban Prairie, CTMH Sweet Leaf, Misc Teal SU Scrap
Ink:  Copic Markers, Versafine Black Onyx

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Prima Flowers, Basic Grey Buttons, CTMH Brad,

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Too cute...for real there is an appreciate a dragon day? How funny!

HappyCrafter said...

What a sweet card, I like that it's not too girly, and could be used for a boy too, or a non-girly girl girl (tomboy). The sketch is really neat (will be playing with this one myself, and that DP image is cute.

Joanna M. said...

How cute is your card??! Love it!

Christine said...

Love your card, Danielle! It's adorable!

Arianne said...

A really great card! The colors are awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Danielle. Great fun card. Love the turquoise flower, it gives a nice lift to the other colour, great combination.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Mira said...

This is so cute :)
The colours are great.
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)

Tara Godfrey said...

Super cute card, Danderella! Love the great papers and colours and the layout is fab! What a fun image...love it!
Hugs,t

Darlene said...

This is so cute! LOVE your color combo and the layout is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!! We do hope to see you again next challenge!!

Bananastamper said...

Love how it turned out. Great colors and such a cute image!
Shanna :)

Kelly L said...

Wow, Danielle! This is one cute image, and you did a terrific job making it "not too girly." :) Thanks for playing along in our sketches again this week! You are rockin' them girl! Kelly

ger76 said...

WOW this is fab hun, thanx for joing in with us at SS&S :)

luv Ger x
SSS&S Team

~*Joni said...

Oh I love Dustin's work! This image is adorable, I've printed him off several times myself. You did a wonderful job with the colors - and made it look effortless! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week, those hydrangeas and buttons are perfect for your card.

Risa said...

Your card is super cute! Your image is adorable and your color combo rocks! Thank you for participating with the KLSNS Challenge, we truly appreciate it!
hugs
Risa:)