Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Penguin Trio

 I've got a fun Christmas Card for you today using one of the new stamps from The Rubber Cafe.  The penguins are the new Penguin Trio stamp and they are just too much fun to use.  I opted to matte them in a non-traditional way here, and cut out around the image, rather than go with a straight rectangle.



I made the card using a Monday Mojo sketch, but I'm writing this post at work, and can't remember which one...but I take no credit for the design!  LOL!  Since there wasn't really a "good" place to put my sentiment on the front of my card, I carried the layout over to the inside and used the sentiment in place of the image.  I am really enjoying using this Merry Christmas stamp, and I'm sure you'll see it appearing on some of my 2010 Christmas cards come January. 

January!  Oh my goodness, can you believe it is almost 2010.  Whenever I think about the new year, I always think back to when I was a kid, and how anything beyond 1990 seemed impossible.   Things have changed so much in the last 25 years...it's hard for me to imagine that I'm old enough to remember the last 25 years!  The info that we cram into our brains an retain over the years is amazing.  Some random things that I remember:
  1. The first music video I ever saw was "The Tide is High" by Blondie
  2. My mom loved ABBA and Air Supply and I can still sing all the songs by heart
  3. Driving down the main drag in Sioux-Lookout, Ontario (Population 3000) and going slow enough that I could make faces at myself in the shop windows.
  4. Going to the Saturday Matinee at 6 years old, without parents ('cause all the other kids in town were there) and paying $2.50 and getting a popcorn and a juice too. 
  5. The year that my brother told me that Santa wasn't real, and decided he should prove it.  I was so brave going into the furnace room in our little house (I was so scared I cried) and finding a Cabbage Patch Doll...yes I remember that craziness too.
  6. The next year when I told my Mom that I knew Santa wasn't real because I found the doll the year before and she told me that if I ever said something so shameful again I would not get another present for the rest of my life...really!  Needless to say, Santa is real.  Period.
Have a wonderful day.  I have some great Christmas cards to show you in the next few days.  Comments make me post faster!

Stamps:  Penguin Trio,  Merry Christmas (simple)
Paper:  Black, White and Red Cardstock
Ink:  Copic Markers, Memento Black In,

Accessories:  Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Folder, Misc Brads and Mini Brads.

1 comment:

HappyCrafter said...

What a cute card! I like how you decorated the inside, a great finishing touch, and also how you cut around the penguins so bits are sticking out of the rectangle cut paper.