Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

What a great day! I golfed today...and it was 32 degrees out! Can I say it again, what a great day! I only golf a few times each year, and today is one of them. Every year I golf in the Queen of Hearts Golf Tournament to raise money for Cardiac Care in Thunder Bay. I am joined by my Mother and my good friend Allyson. It has never failed to be a great day of golfing, but this is the first year where the weather has been our friend. To top it all off, when I got home tonight, the babysitter had not only done the dishes, but she'd bathed my kids too! Can a girl ask for more?

So, here is my card for today. I used the Magnolia Stamps Love Muffin. I don't remember who made the paper, it came from my stash. I have been searching for a quick and easy template for birthday cards, so that I can make a bunch and have a small stash on hand, but also so that I can whip something up if I need it last minute...kind of like my "go to" design I guess. I'm not convinced that this is it. However, I did take the opportunity to try some Twinkling H2O's...not my favourite. I had a really hard time photographing the shimmer...it's the cupcake icing. I coloured the cupcake with my copics first, and then put on the H2O's. Either way, it's a nice card, but I'm not a big fan.

The only reason I tried the H2O's is because our local LSS isn't carrying Shimmerz and I wanted to give them a try. She had these in her stash and let me try them out at home. I have some Shimmerz just waiting to be played with, so hopefully I'll be back in a day or two with a card to compare it to. I do have to say....just looking at the bottles they look like so much fun!

Have a great day and I'll post more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bananastamper said...

I do like the design and I'm lovin that cupcake! Can't wait to see what you can do with your Shimmerz - I'll bet they'll be fun!