Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Teacher Gifts

Well, here they are...a week late, but still on a Monday! Tomorrow is the last day of school for the big kid, and lucky us we had 2 teachers this year. So, I made them each a tin of cards. I just have to turn on my bug tonight and cut out the word "CARDS" for the front of each one. Paper used on the first one is from a Paper Pad and the second is BoBunny...but I forget what line. I'm so bad for that!


The first tin is for Madame Sertic, our official teacher. I made her 6 matching cards and then included 6 various thank you cards from my stash for her personal use. And of course, I made a card for Mme Sertic so we could tell her how much we are going to miss her next year.




The second tin is for Madame Ponto, our part-time teacher. I made her 6 cards too, but they were a little bit different, and then I included 6 thank you cards from my stash.



I have to say, it was fun creating these. I took a clear Avery Label with the teachers name printed on it and stuck it to the front of the little desk, so they are like monogram cards. I don't know if you can see them. I used my watercolour pencils, watercolour crayons and CTMH markers to colour in the Bella's. I card for the teacher with all the eyelets and flowers was cased from either SCS or AC Bailey (I don't remember which one) and it was one that someone created for an Eyelet Challenge. I take no credit for the design of that one...it was completely and totally copied.
This week is going to be a super busy one. Last Day of School, last week of soccer, last day of Wednesday night playgroup and month end at work. Busy, Busy, Busy. I'm going to try and do one creative thing this week to post.
The light at the end of the tunnel is that a girlfriend and I have plans to get together on Saturday to scrap from 9 - 5! We've even hired a sitter to watch our kids! I'm hoping to bang out the layouts on Saturday, and I'm setting my goal high at 10 layouts for the day. Remembering of course that they don't all have to be works of art!
Until then....

No comments: