Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

No mojo

I am overwhelmed by the number of things that I want to do.  And maybe my blog is one of those things that will have an ebb and a flow...sometimes I feel like I need to post all the time, and other times I just can't be bothered.  Heck, I'm not even getting into my craft room lately...it's been weeks!  But honestly, I'm not bothered by that.  There are so many other things that are good that I have been doing.  I've been reading (like novels) and cleaning my house (surprisingly therapeutic) and spending time with my kids and spending time with my Sweetie and just living. 

I think the main problem now is that I have so many "hobbies" and so much "real life" that I can't fit everything in and something has to give and I have to be okay with that.  Real life - we all have that - kids, kids activities, housework, regular work, relationships, etc is kicking my butt.  Maybe its the winter blah's, but really I feel like I"m spinning my wheels some days...and then other days I feel like I can do just about anything.  Hobbies - I have a whole lot of things I like to do in my spare time - knit, make cards, read blogs, read books, I'd like to learn to use Photoshop better (and add digital scrapping to my repertoire), watching movies, playing Rockband.  When only a few hours a week are allotted to hobbies...how do I choose?  These days, I've been choosing reading or watching TV.  Maybe its the weather...every time the sun comes out and I'm home to enjoy it I find myself cleaning - like take-everything-out-go-thru-it-and-organize-it-and-then-only-put-back-what-we're-really-going-to-use cleaning.

Even though I've tried to simplify our lives, they still feel so complicated and overwhelming.  I've decided that for the Month of March, the kids will only be doing swimming (which they do twice a week).  No extra tutoring for the little one, no sewing classes for the big one..no running 5 days a week for Mom.  Throw March Break in there and maybe it will be the time that I need to just slow down. 

So...my apologies if you were expecting a crafty post.  I'm not sure how many of those I have in me these days.  Add to the list of things to do the urge I feel when I sit in front of my computer to write...like long bunches of stuff.  Maybe I need to start a journal.  Hmm....would adding one more thing help me simplify?  LOL.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Good to hear from you. Life is truly a balancing act.