Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A big Thank You!

Okay, I have to confess...I like this card and I like this image (actually, I LOVE this image) but I'm not so sure they work together.  Let me take you on the journey that is was the making of this card.
I started out by colouring my image to match the pinks in the paper.  That was on Tuesday.  Then on Friday I decided to get to work and use the Friday Sketchers sketch.  The card was originally for a Paper Sundaes Challenge which was to use more than one stamp...so we're on Friday and the image is due on my blog on Sunday.  Life happens and I come back to it on Monday and just cannot pull my mojo out of the gutter to figure out a second image.  Sigh.  I spot the black dots and decide that black is what is missing (although looking at it now red or dark pink would have worked so much better) and so I laid it all out.  Life happens and on Friday I finally get into the craft room to glue it all together (it's been laying there nicely since Monday).  Sunday rolls around and I finally take pictures.  Oh my, that's a two week card.    On the bright side, it's one more card to add to my stash.  And, I realized how much I love this image.

On the home front, things are ok.  As much as I love my papercrafting, knitting has become something that is just easier to do right now.  Hubby has been having seizures most days despite being on high doses of 3 different anti-seizure medications.  We're waiting on an MRI now to see what the heck is going on.  I'm exhausted and so hanging out with hubby watching a little TV and knitting is much easier at this point.  So, if you don't see a lot of posts from me, that is why...life has just taken over for a bit.  Regardless, I am thankful for everyone who pops in and comments on my blog.  :)

Stamps:  Thank You Girl - digi from Karen's Doodles
Paper:  From my stash, if you recognize it, let me know and I'll change this!  LOL!
Ink:  Copic markers, CTMH Black
Accessories:  Queen & Co. Black Dots, Corner Punch thing from SU, Spellbinders Lacey Circles

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Daily seizures are horrible...not just for him, but for you.STRESS!!!
I think the card is cute. Your problem is the fact that all that stress is messing with the mojo.

take care, thinking of you guys!! Lee-Ann Kubinec xo

Bananastamper said...

Hey, very cute image - and a fun card to boot! Glad to hear that the knitting is working for you, but sorry to hear that you are so tired. Talk to you soon!
Shan