Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Primary Colours - Fabulous Friday Challenge

Today's Fabulous Friday Challenge over at i {heart} copics is to use the primary colours - Red, Yellow and Blue.   This was actually harder than I originally thought that it would be.  Once I decided on which July Release from Chicken Girl Stamps I was going to use though, it was much easier.  What do you think of Blast Off?   For my layout I used Sketch #67 at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

I printed out the sentiment "Hopy your birthday is out of this world." for the inside.  Below are the copics that I used on this image.
 

Okay, now onto business...with the recent release of the Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie, it has come to my attention that some Team Edward girls are contimplating a switch to Team Jacob.  At first I wasn't concerned, but when Loopy Lindsey posted about it on her blog I knew I had to take action.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Taylor Lautner (in fact, I would be happy to be against him if you know what I mean *U*) however, I thought I would share with you a short list that I composed of Pros and Cons of switching to being a Wolf Lover

Pros
  • that Tattoo is sexy as hell...I'd lick it!
  • six pack abs, 'nuf said
  • a nice 108 degrees all year long make him nice to snuggle with on cold winter nights
  • a man who will “sit” when you tell him to. And “stay” too.
  • Can offer a human life
 Cons
  • smells like dog - 'cause honestly he aint' no AquaVelva Man!
  • fur in the bed, 'cause you never know when he's going to phase
  • kibble breath
  • no guarantees that he won’t Imprint on someone else and leave you lonely
  • you’ll live on the La Push Reservation forever
  • instead of saying I love you, he'll lick your face - yuck!

 Okay, so I can't be the only one out there with some thoughts on this subject...I know you Twilight fans are out there....do you have a pro or can for being a Wolf Lover?
 
Paper:  CTMH Dutch Blue, Holiday Red, Sunkiss Yellow, White
Ink:  Copic MarkersAccessories:  Misc. Star Punch, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder

11 comments:

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Your card is so cute, the pros and cons list is cracking me up LOL

Bananastamper said...

Yes, you finally posted it! Ha, love the list! My pro-wolf girl comment is - kibble breath aside, Jake looks like a better kisser!

The card rocks too - the star punch outs were perfect, you were right.
Talk to ya later girl, I'll be around. Are we walking tonight - may have to be 9 or 9:30 cuz Ger is in the classroom.
Shanna :)

Donna said...

Your card is great! I love the clean lines.

Pros and cons on the Jacob thing. Now if we are basing this on the movie, I am team Jacob because he is nicer to look at without sounding like a cougar.

I am cold all the time and I would love the extra heat. Also, my pug sheds probably more than Jacob, so I already sleep in a bed full of fur. He doesn't eat kibble, he eats normal food, so there is no kibble breath. Edward drinks blood from animals, how does his breath really smell?

Now if we base this scenario on the book. Edward looks much better in my head than the movie and I could get used to wearing a parka to have someone who is so devoted to me like him. Although, I might need to know how his breath smells.

HappyCrafter said...

Very happy card, you did a great job with those Primary colours.
Being a new convert to the Twillight addiction, and having read all 4 books in the past 2 weeks, plus watched the first two movies twice each, I have to say I do have an opinion LOL! Definitely Team Edward.
pro for edward - get alice and family too
pro for edward - more selfless
pro for edward - more mature
pro for edward - her life will be more of an adventure
con for jacob - he won't age normally but she will so that won't be fun

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is fabby a fun image and colours love it thank you for joining our challenge this week at Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

Super fun and cute card, love the added stars!

Alica said...

great card - love how you colored the rocket ship - looks all new and shiny!

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness the debate rages on!.........so, lets do the card first. I LOVE IT! Your colouring blew me away and i love the bright bold colour scheme.

Now.....thanks Donna, now that I know kibble breath would not be a problem Jacob has risen right back up the scale for me (if we are basing this on the film) If we are basing this on the book then it is irrelevant as Edward is a hunk of leechy loveliness in my head whereas Jacob is probably young enough to be my son. Off-putting.
Jacob could also have a flea problem which could be an issue and i still can't get past the fact that when it rains he is going to honk badly of wet dog. Oh i'm soooooo confused.......

Lindsey said...

Oh and a con for Edward;
He may look young but really it would be like dating your Grandfathers friend!

Bananastamper said...

Oh, the debate does indeed rage on....Am I a geek or what? I had to come back to see the rest of the comments - and there is Loopey Lindsey cracking me up again!!!!

I don't link wet dog smell, that would indeed be a problem! Hmmm, the factor is disconcerting now that she made me think of that...

i {heart} papers said...

You did a fabulous job with the shading on the rocket. Nice job!