Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Get Well Soon...sort of

'k, so last Tuesday a friend asked me to make her a "get well" card for her co-worker/friend who had recently had a liver transplant.  Lucky for me I had next few evenings free and so I cleaned off my scrap table and got to work...sort of.  First, I popped on over to the OCC Sketch Blog and found Sketch #24.  I pulled out my papers, coloured my image and started to assemble, but it just wasn't coming together fo rme.

So, I kept the card base, lost the image (saved it for future use) and came up with this Sympathy card...something you never want to make in a pinch.
So, I guess you're wondering what happened to the Get Well card, right?  Honestly?  I just wan't feeling it, so I made other cards all week!  LOL!  Finally on Sunday night I buckled down and made 3 cards for her to choose from.  They are scheduled to post over the next few days.

I have a special challenge for you...something that was started by my friend Loopy Lindsey...a challenge of sorts.  She posted this picture on her blog and asked me "What could you do with that?"  Seriously...what couldn't I do with that?  LOL!

Let's firmly establish something right now....I AM TEAM EDWARD!

However, I am not one to pass up a good challenge...and I'd like for you to join me.  So, take this poster as your inspiration and make something - it doesn't have to involve twilight, I know mine won't.  Post a link back in the comments on this post and I'll send one random person some goodies...may or may not be twilight related.  :)  Invite your friends to play along too, the more the merrier!

Let's give it a deadline of midnight on Friday July 23rd and I'll post the winner on Saturday.  Oh, and I'll be back with my own entry before the week is up.   Happy Monday!

Stamps: Verve Stamps Forever in Our Hearts
Paper:  CTMH Emporium, Colonial White
Ink:  CTMH Cocoa
Accessories:  Prima Flower, Misc. Button, CTMH Twilight Brads

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fab card, love how it is centred aroung the sentiment.
Oh look the wolf has popped up again! He is truely inspirational just not in the paper craft way for me! I will have to have a think about this (I could cook pancakes on his sizzling chest, no hairs and the heat would make for a nice sterile environment perfect for food production? Ewww actually might be a bit sweaty in a doggy sorta way) Hmmmmm, plaster of paris cast of chest? That's art!
C'mon Jacob! Inspire me!!!
Linds
PS could be a whole new challenge blog starting up here!

Lindsey said...

Oh I've just read your comment, you crack me up! I'm beggining to think that you me and the yellow fruity one are begining to sound like the cast of Desperate Housewives!

Lindsey said...

Whoops bad spelling sorry!

Rose said...

your card is so pretty and i love the saying :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week.

Alica said...

ok, I made it! I caught a second breath last evening and got creative - here is my inspired card.
http://aqyera.blogspot.com/2010/07/tgf-my-guy-ian-in-brown-pb-picture.html

Bananastamper said...

Hmmm, the desperate housewives - that could be good or bad - but fun for sure!

Here is my submission for the challenge! http://bananastamper.blogspot.com/2010/07/inspiration-challenge.html
Cheers,
Shanna :)

Donna said...

You inspired me and with the bad influence of my friends, I decided to participate in the challenge instead of designing my workshops for the store.

Although, thank you for inspiring me and thank you to Shanna & Krista K for being a bad influence. I made a beautiful card for Ellena working on this challenge.

Here is my submission:http://datsmystyledj.blogspot.com/2010/07/u-r-courage.html