Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

FORE!!

Oh my gosh, it's Wednesday evening already!  Lucky me, I spent the afternoon in my scrap area, mostly cleanign and organizing, but I was able to pull together two quick cards.  This one features Golfabella from Stamping Bella.  It's been a while since I inked up my Bella's and I almost forgot how much fun they are to work with.  I have a few more that I coloured last night, so they'll be popping up in cards over the next few weeks.  Why was I in my craft room and not at work?  The new washer and dryer were finally being delivered, and of course I can't be first on their list.  The delivery window as from 12 noon until 4pm and of course they came at 3:30pm...poor me, I had to tough it out in my scrap room!  LOL!

The sun was shining today, and the despite being cranky and overtired, the kids helped me clean the house a little this evening while hubby tired to get the new appliances hooked up (the washer is running a test cycle as I type this, but the dryer won't be completed until tomorrow after work).  Anyone with two little kids will know that after 8 days with no laundry facilities (thanks to my Mom for doing my one desperation load at her house on Monday) there is so much dirty laundry I'm not sure where to put it all right now.  I never in my life would have thought that I'd be looking forward to doing laundry...oh my!

My card will be entered into the following challenges:
The Color Dare:  Old Olive, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
The Res-Q Challenge: Take a Mental Health Break (pastels and an image that makes you smile!)
Fab N Funky:  Get it all out (use something you've had forever...like my Bella stamp that hasn't seen daylight in over a year!) 

A quick shout out to Stacy over at The Scrapbooking Cottage...1 year old!  Woohoo!  Hop on over there for some great blog candy...every day this week!  And become a follower, not only does she offer great products in her store at great prices, she's got some awesome art to show you on her blog!

Finally, a Happy Birthday shout out to my friend Allyson...who may be better looking than me, but now she's older!  LOL!  Hope you had a great day...the card is in the mail!  LOL!

Stamps:  Golfabella, Stamping Bella Sentiment
Paper:  Basic Grey Urban Prairie, CTMH Sweet Leaf
Ink:  Copic Markers
Accessories:  Recollections Rhinestones, Prima Flower, Misc. Button

9 comments:

Danni said...

Fun card! Very nice!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling card! You got a better window than I did, lol. When I got mine they said between 8am and 4pm.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely adorable! Great job on combining the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Dare!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Cute card!! Thanks for the shout out ;)

Jean Cross said...

Definitely made me smile! Very nice. The colors are perfect. Thanks for playing the RESQ this week.

Denise said...

super cute! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge his week!

Lindsey said...

What a great card! Love this image and the colours work beautifully together.
Glad you have sorted out the washer situation and good luck with operation laundry. I will think of you this evening as i try to iron my way out of an avalanche of ironing that needs doing before tomorrow when we head down to Oxford!
Linds xxx

andrea said...

fun card,great image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xx