Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Layout


So, it makes me nervous to put a layout up here, but I'm doing it anyway.  You see, I never felt like a "good" scrapbooker.  I need to finish things...have them done quickly is more appropriate...otherwise, they end up sitting around half done.  I think that is why I like making cards so much, I can finish one or a bunch in one sitting.

I was inspired to start scrapping again when I saw a few layouts on some blogs and realized that they were done using a sketch challenge site...namely CISters Stylish Sketches.  I checked it out and decided to just do it.  I used the Sketch for September 11. The problem is, I start thinking and that gets me in trouble. 


And of course, I picked pictures that were hard to work with.  The layout needed to be girly, but about fishing, and should have some pink and blue.  Yikes.  I actually laid out the whole thing with different papers, decided I didn't like it and did the "you have to have this done in 10 minutes" trick.  It worked.  I picked what was at hand and put on my pictures.  I won't say that it is my best work, but it's done.  It's not like anyone is judging my scrapbooking, and the only people who look at them are the kids.  So, I'm glad that I scrapped this memory.  It has inspired me to try and do one layout a week.

And, for those who are curious the journalling reads:  "The best part of this trip wasn't the fish...it was the girl who outfished the boys with her DORA rod!"

Stamps:  None!
Paper:  CTMH Cardstock, unsure of the DP
Ink:  Black marker

Accessories:  Marvy Uchida Giga Circle and Scalloped Cirle punches

2 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Fun! Wouldn't it be fabulous to get one layout a week done.....Love the journalling too! Dora rocks!

Shanna

AllyV said...

Wow - what a simple layout to do when you only have a few pics and not a lot of time. I'm going to remember this one!
Allyson