Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Veggiebella - and a model!


One advantage of staying home with Dalainee is having a willing "card holder". I was trying to get some pictures in the front window while the sun was shining bright this morning, and Dalainee was too eager to help. And yes, she's still in her pajamas.
I have found that the best routine for us is to roll out of bed at 6: 50 ish (okay, Dalainee is usually pulling the blankets off me at this time) and then I get the kids juice and a snack and head for the shower.

By 7:30 I'm ready to go, and Daytona is getting dressed and eating breakfast. I make Daytona's lunch and go through the check list of things that need to be done

before she goes to school: brush hair, brush teeth, put on socks, snow pants, glasses, do we have hat and mitts etc. Daytona heads out to wait for the bus at 8:00 am and then I wrangle Dalainee into some clothes, pack my lunch and we're out the door by 8:30. Whew!

Today though, I had to take advantage of the bright sun to take a few pictures. I got this Bella image through an image swap and I think she's just fabulous.
I coloured her with my Copics. I found the saying on the Internet somewhere and I really like it.
I wasn't sure how I was going to use it on a card, formatted like this, but I think it works okay.

And, for this card, because the card base is so dark, I did the inside too. I think it finishes the card nicely.
I hope you enjoy it too.
If you're in Thunder Bay (or not I guess) and you're thinking about getting a dog, my brother's 2 Golden Retrievers just had puppies...8 of them. They are very pretty dogs. Only 1 of them is spoken for at this point...and they should be ready to go by the end of April.
Stamps: StampingBella Veggiebella
Paper: Imaginisce, CTMH
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories: CTMH Bigger Brads, Prima Flowers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,
The card looks great, but your model is super sweet!

Cheers,